Knowledge to Action
During the last five years, this Tipsheet has focused on answering one key question: how can we as individuals translate what we learn into practical advice. The Tipsheet content has ranged from professional success, management perspective, to social media. Whatever the topic, each week there is a call to action, often with a twist, that can help you “land” the idea airplane.
To translate the concept into action, I focused on many broad categories – here are some:
- Break it into chunks.
- Put it on your calendar.
- Start right away.
- Set a tight deadline.
- Reward yourself on completion.
- Asking tough questions.
- Refocus on the how the task helps you reach a key goal.
- Commit to yourself by writing it down.
- Commit to others by telling them about it.
- Get help committing from someone else. (A coach or a partner.)
- Remove obstacles to starting.
- Try something new: a new perspective gives new motivation.
- Change your environment to be more productive, or just for the sake of change.
This Week’s Action Item: What tricks and ideas do you have to change knowledge to action? This week, contribute your technique to us – and also to a colleague. If we use your idea, we’ll let people know whose idea it is.
Important Message: During the next month, watch for three special “Op-Ed” pieces, instead of the usual Tipsheet.
More insight from Randall Craig at http://www.RandallCraig.com.
Randall Craig is an expert on Social Media Strategy and Social Media Policy; to find out how his workshops, webinars, and keynotes can help your team or add to your event, contact him through www.RandallCraig.com, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make It Happen Tipsheet
Comments or questions? let us know: email@example.com
Copyright © 2011 Knowledge to Action Press and Randall Craig. All rights reserved.
Publication Date: Jan 25, 2011
|>>To newsletter index